Monday 26 October 2009

Random Observations

Some days are good days to stay under the doona.

Today is one of those days. A 2.30am wake-up. I still can't breathe properly – hard to fill my lungs. It's been like this, on and off, for 3 weeks, and chronic for the last 4 days. Then there was the nice little puddle of cat vomit on the floor this morning. Nearly went arse over in it. Thanks Oscar...

The loneliness of the long-distance lover is awful.

Miscommunication is too easy and resolution is too hard. Silences turn into voids. No such thing as make-up sex, just a festering sadness that won't go away.

The house appears to have shrunk.

How else to explain the fact that the giant dead fridge won't fit through any doorways? I may have to turn it into a fourth bedroom and rent it out.

My new trousers appear to have grown.

They're falling down my hips. If they get any bigger they are going to fall off and embarrass me terribly.

This Xanax isn't working.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Cheer up, hun! The fact your new duds have grown has got to be a positive - weren't you trying to lose weight? So think of it as a Good Thing (TM).

As for the dodgy chest, kitteh puke etc. Sympathy +++. I've had a lurgy that started life as a cold, and has now moved to one knee as excruciating pain, swelling etc. Can barely walk... I know at least 5 other people who've had the same thing. Sux... All this when I'm at the pointy end of the home reno and just itching to get into the painting, tiling etc.

And a big hug re the long-distance relationship. They're hard work. And boys aren't necessarily good communicators. You want me to send him a virtual slap for ya?
;-)

love j xx

Sue said...

Awwww, thanks Jules :-)

That lurgy of yours sounds very weird - some sortof rheumatic thingy???

Re long-distance thing.... the friendship was there first, and is still there - and I'm happy with that. Ish... ;-)