Sunday 18 January 2009

Attack of the Killer Eyebrows

OK. I've come to terms with my nose hair (even though it drove me crazy on today's 543km ride, down one mountain and up another.)

I have increased my soy intake to counteract my hot flushes. (It works!)

I love my “laughter lines”.

I deal with the aches and pains and stiffness that middle-age and a family predisposition to arthritis have brought.

I don't even mind the increasing number of silvery hairs that are appearing on my head. Redheads go grey in a weird way, bit by bit, so that they end up looking sort of “pink” when the white:red ratio increases enough. Silver threads amongst the red.... it's not so bad.

But you know what really bothers me? Pardon me while I rant a little. My eyebrows SUCK! My eyebrows have always been so fair as to be almost invisible. I've spent a lifetime using eyebrow pencil. I've had them tinted, and have even contemplated having them tattooed. Now they have turned on me. This is Revenge of the Eyebrows. Maybe even Attack of the Killer Eyebrows.

Over the past few years I have grown some of those “old lady eyebrows” - you know - wiry and unruly and far heavier than your real eyebrows, so they end up dangling downwards and tangling with your eyelashes. Until now I've just trimmed the worst of them. The good thing about them is that they've been darker than my regular eyebrows. A bit of colour at last!

But then last week – eek – my latest old lady eyebrows appeared – two hairs as white as snow. Thick and wiry and grizzled. And. Pure. White.

What next? (I am refusing to remember Bill Cosby's discovery of his first grey pubic hair.) LA LA LAAAAAA!

No comments: